History of Barangay Cacamilingan
Cacamiringan is the old name of this barrio. The early Chinese traders from Lingayen, Pangasinan during the Spanish time call it “Cacamilingan” for the fluidity. So in 1838, when Camiling became a town it became its barrio entrance to the municipal. It is a rural area with one harvest per season only. Horse driven KALESA were the only ride of barrio folks to and from the town of Camiling.
Cacamiringan mears Camiring tress that grows abundantly on the edge of the riverbank. Early trades also used the Camiling river for their salt and other products from Pangasinan and Cacamilingan riverbank is their commercial landing point. Pangasinense and Ilocano are the language use in the Community.
During the Marcos regime in the early seventies, Cacamilingan was divided into triads, Cacamilingan Sur, Cacamilingan Norte, and Cacamilingan East. A grenade throwing incident of rival groups, a saloon, and casino made it a western unruly east country and so the Sangguniang Bayan members decided to eliminate the east barrio or eastern Cacamilingan. So only the North and South barangay remains up to now and the Camiling-Paniqui road became the border line of Cacamilingan Norte and Cacamilingan Sur.